Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Postcript to Zara



I had a wedding to go to. A cousin of the husband's. Outdoors, in Boston. Weather here never cooperates as much as you want, and so while it didn't rain, the nighttime was cooler than usual and the presence of my orange shantung coat was much desired. But - the only evening dress I own is purple, no friend to my little coat. So I set out to hunt for a dress that in color and spirit would work under a 50s style orange dress coat. I visited Neiman's and Nordstrom's - and the dreary boredom in both was overwhelming. I was willing to spend, and yet there was not a single dress I wanted. Marching to the car I was lured into Zara by the SALE sign, and saw the dress above.

The material is cottony yet rich but what makes the dress is the cut - the square arm holes, the shift, and the pockets(!) - it fits perfectly.  I accessorized it with a ring, earrings, and a gunmetal bracelet
:


End result was pretty darn pleasing, even if I say so myself.

And so Zara's reign of glory continues. The sale is still on, by the by.

No comments:

Post a Comment