Monday, June 2, 2014

Flattering Head Shots

I don't know how pervasive this problem is - but when I am photographed my face turns into mush. I do know, however, that I am not alone. JV, who in person looks very much like Juliette Binoche, claims her face transmogrifies into a crocodile when captured on film. This explains, partially, my partiality to having my sunglasses on at all times when a camera is near - sunglasses somehow hide the lack of photographic definition that is my face, making it palatable (at least somewhat).

So what gives?

The following instruction manual (and the clip in it even more so) has been a revelation. All the things that happen in my face are analyzed by a professional photographer and - which is crucial - are given workable solutions. I haven't had a chance to try them yet - but as soon as I find myself confronted with a lens I am planning on thrusting my forehead forward and smizing. If I look constipated, you will know why.

Here goes:






1 comment:

  1. Ok...
    1. I don't like to smile. I am standoffish and mean so there.
    2. I hate squinting/squinching. This person we both know ALWAYS squinches, even looking at himself at the mirror. So annoying and utterly narcissistic. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete