Monday, March 17, 2014

Its not the length that matters?

On to matters that only some will be able to identify with. My nose obsession, that has grown alongside the offending body part from childhood on, is no secret. And despite the onset of the middle of one’s lifespan (give or take) it has not abated, even if financial considerations and offspring have shifted the priorities somewhat. Anyways, while the husband was spending his days on degustation dinners with clients in sunny Prague (yes, in comparison with Boston, Prague was sunnier AND warmer. Riddle me that Kafka) I was sitting on my stylish but uncomfortable couch flipping channels in search of something half way decent to watch with my night cap of port. Two horrible movies were on – Mr and Mrs Smith on one channel; Lara Croft the Tomb Raider on another. Lo and behold, two movies with the same (terrible) actress yet – and here is the rub – that same actress looks remarkably different in both.
Behold the evidence:
Movie 1:
Movie 2:


And, just to assist you in the analysis, a recent shot of Saint Jolie of Many Children from the last Oscars:

What is happening in her face is not botox (or not just, I have no clue, although it is rather mask like), and not age (or not just)– but the NOSE! Not that it is unsightly in either, but there is a marked difference. Thick on the sides in the early movie, perfectly sculpted and slim in the later one.
So I ask you, ladies: is it the width that counts? Was I wrong, all these years, to assume that the source of offence lies in the length?

If the answer is yes, then add this to my list of wishful improvements. 

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I suspect that this post was inspired not only by the sitting on the couch, but also in the kitchen :).

    ReplyDelete