Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Love!


Surely ya'all remember how I kept taking on Emma Stone's stylist for dressing her unseasonably.. Well, I am now fully on board. Because this I love and covet, ever so badly:


Its Valentino, from the Fall Ready to Wear:


I love everything.  Everything except the shoes. Versions of these studded Valentino heels have been all over the celeb circuit for quite some time, and they are too tired by now. I understand the thinking behind them - the outfit skewed a little too sweet (hate, btw., the obvious choice of the maryjanes that they sent down the runway) and the spikes on the shoes give it a bit of hard edge. But they are too mass market by now... too ubiquitous.

Case in point: the other day I'm taking the elevator in my building. Three girls walk in. One is in these Valentino flats, similar to the ones on Stone:
 Retail price? $900. Oh - and the other one is casually carrying a Celine bag. This one:
Retails for over $2k.
To be young and rich (cue wistful sigh...) Or either one. 

But my point stands - if randoms in my building are sporting these shoes stars should stay away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment