Monday, April 7, 2014

Seasonal Needs & Wants: Trench Coat

The trench ranks up there with the most iconic looks of all time, and one of the least susceptible to changing times and fashions:




Personally, I prefer the trench's more utilitarian cousin - the anorak. With its hood and full-on water resistance, I feel it serves my needs better. But I am fully on board with the desire for the classic trench. It is the ultimate uptown look and it beckons.

I've organized  my finds in three categories by price, in a descending order: Dream, Want, Have. Ladies, we are all on some kind of a budget. That does not mean you can't dress well. I firmly believe that craftiness and solid research will make even the tightest budget work. 


Classic Tan Trench:


Or Burberry, the classic­est trench there is:


2) Want,(still up there), from APC:

3) Have, from Bluefly (an online store that is great for discounted coats, if they got your size!), by Cole Haan:


Classic Black Trench:

An otion I would strongly suggest for those who travel. Black is a much more forgiving color.



2) Want, by Mackage:

3) Have, by DKNY (again from Bluefly):


Not-so-Classic Trench:

Sometimes, even a classic can be punched up.





2 comments: