Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happier!

Ladies, NK's segment on The Doctors aired today, and she looked AMAZING!! She also sounded interesting, engaging, and so so smart and I loved the screen caps of the various Happier users.


Congratulations to Nataly and the Happier team!!!

Can't wait till you make room for us android folk...




Shameless self-promotion below, so don't scroll if gaging...





OK, no pretending needed, we’re pretty insanely awesomely excited that Happier will be part of the The Doctors episode today. A lot of people watch the show and we get a chance to share some of our tips for being happier with them? Awesome.
(In the Northeast we’re on at 2pm EST. To check your local channel listings, click here.)
Not only is this the first time Happier is on national TV but this was the first time I taped a segment for a national TV show. WHOA does a lot go into a really short 2-3 minute segment. I have a whole new degree of respect for the hundreds of people putting on The Doctors (and other similar shows).
IMG_5423IMG_5409
One of the fun parts of being on the show was picking out some orange outfits to wear. The producers asked me to bring 4-6 different options with me, which would be fine except I didn’t have 6 different orange pieces I could wear for the show. And since you guys know I wear something orange every single day, help to the rescue.
My dear friend is also an awesome stylist, so I asked her to help me find some awesome orange. I ended up wearing this dress she found and even a few of the doctors on the show commented how happy it looked on set!
IMG_5425
And funny thing about the dress: Because it had no belt they had to put my microphone charger pack behind my neck, taped to the top of my dress. About half way through the segment I felt something drop and there was my microphone pack, hanging down behind me. Lucky for me Travis, the doctor wearing scrubs, noticed it, gave a signal to pause taping, moved me off stage to get it fixed, and then walked me back to the right spot. What could have been a really stressful moment actually turned into a really awesome one when he gave me a hug and told me I was doing a good job. PHEW, because even though I am used to big audiences and lots of lights, nothing is quite like this.
(Here’s me, backstage, as they are putting the microphone stuff back together. One of the producers captured this shot.)
IMG_5421
If you have a chance to watch our segment, have fun and if you’re here because you saw us on The Doctors, welcome to Happier! We’re really psyched you’re here :) (And if you’re wondering where to get started, check out my Everyday Grateful Happier Course, which is the foundation of the happier life tips I shared on the show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment