Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The always problematic spring footwear issue - Solutions

I love spring in New England. Everything is in bloom, there are flowers on the ground, on the trees, and in such abundance that any MiddleEastern transplant like me, used to drought and acrid summers, is bound to be envious. What is less enviable, though, is the ridiculously changey weather. A drop of 20 degrees overnight (and sometimes over day) is not uncommon. Maddening weather. So what can you wear that will look seasonal and not too heavy, stylish yet work appropriate?

To make things worse, you want a shoe with a bit of a lift to help the shorties out and yet comfortable to walk some distances in. I suppose that's the ultimate holy grail of the whole enterprise anyway.  So you can't have a heel that is too high or a footbed that is too un-cushioned. I've been thinking that a wedge pump is the way to go - but the tricky issue with wedge pumps is avoiding the nurse look or, for that matter, the dowdy old lady look or the comfort - orthopedic shoe look.

A comfortable yet moderately stylin' wedge pump. A winner in both form and function. It is a tall order ladies.

So I looked. And looked some more. Here's what I found.

DREAM:

Acne (lust for the impossible):

Tod's:

WISH:

DVF:
French Sole:
JCrew:

WANT:

Cheap Monday:
Cole Haan (and the ultimate winner I think):

No comments:

Post a Comment