Monday, May 12, 2014

Is short better blond? - another take



Looking at the pics of Kate Lanphear's wonderful haircut I started to wonder again. Her pixie bob is severe, gamine, perfect. And at first I thought that color is what makes it so fantastic.  But then Jessica Seinfeld cut her hair. And then she died it. Like so:


Yeah, that's her with the black pixie in the rondo.  And the two women flanking her are responsible for the blond.

Which can also look like this:


If I were her I'd divorce her stylist rather than celebrate her.

Do we agree that it is an unmitigated disaster? I mean I love the short pixie. Hell, the only reason I'm posting all this is BECAUSE I love the short pixie, which is, of course, what I have - this is all about self-vindication for the hairdo that the girl-child is still, continuously!, angry about. But Seinfeld's blond ambition misfired horribly. Much worse than on Maggie Gyllenhaal. It is just bad. It is bad on its own and it is even worse on her. Not everyone looks good blond.

And then it occurred to me that Kate Lanphear's do would look just fine if it was black. It works not because of its color, but because of its cut and her pretty little features. It would have, in fact, looked great on Jessica Seinfeld. Just not blond. I guess that settles it, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment